Saturday, September 3, 2011

Updating...I know it's been awhile!

Okay, so it's been about a week since I last posted I think. Work has been so very busy that I haven't had time to do much else. I'm hoping to have some time before this long weekend is over to relax and recap with my husband and just do some things that I enjoy, but don't normally get done. Here's what I've been up to the last week or so.....

 
This was our appetizer for my birthday dinner at Duke's. I can't remember if I posted birthday pictures so here's a few pictures to help. This was bruschetta with a homemade chunky tomato and garlic salsa. It was wonderful and we always enjoy getting this when we go there. We eat the whole thing in under 10 minutes and Ryan just loves to eat the salsa!

This was Ryan's buffalo chicken sandwich. A little too spicy for my taste buds...maybe that's why he ordered it, so I couldn't eat it!

This was my meal, a veggie filled sandwich with cheese and a special mayo...definitely decadent, but I figured it was healthy enough for my birthday since it had veggies...gotta make exceptions for your birthday right?


I had to work a few nights this past week so Ryan tried making vegetable lasagna...turned out very good. He used CSA eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini and a few other things we had on hand. A great dinner for something that he did by himself...he's becoming quite the chef!

These were cheese and sausage filled calzones. Ryan loved the golden and crispy outside. I loved that they came together in under 20 minutes plus baking time. I did add CSA veggies to these as well. These didn't last long in our house!


This was my version of the cheeseburger parfait by Hungry Girl (She has a show on Food Network that I totally love and now I have 3 of her cookbooks, so look for more recipes from her, that I've made into my own.) She makes food healthy while still making it delicious. This had ground boca burgers which Ryan said he loved this before he found out it wasn't actually meat so I think I win this round! It is layers of mashed potatoes, boca burger, onions, ketchup and chopped pickles on top. Everything on a cheeseburger and for a quarter of this whole thing, it's under 200 calories! Definitely worth it for me!

Another view of the cheeseburger parfait-I made it in a pie pan because we don't have parfait glasses.

Thursday, I made these cheesy enchiladas. This is another Hungry Girl recipe and we thought it was quite delicious. These had a few CSA veggies in them as well.

I served the veggie enchiladas with brown rice underneath and it passed the Ryan test.




Upcoming....
Well, I'm hoping to start canning thanks to some motivation from some of my sisters and family. We had a picnic today and started talking about how everyone is canning different things. I'm thinking of trying grape juice, salsa, tomato sauce, pickles and we'll go from there. Have to get all of the equipment first so that's a task for tomorrow with some birthday money than I might try to start experimenting on Monday since I have the day off. I'm hoping to use more of my CSA veggies this way...I'll give updates as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment