Monday, September 26, 2011

Lots of baking and a few changes around life!

Well, it's been awhile since I was on here and that's because I've been making a lot of changes in my life for the positive. I've also been in the baking spirit recently so we are swamped with baked goods it feels like. In less than a week, I've made oatmeal pumpkin cookies-1/4 without flaxseed for Ryan and the other 3/4 with flaxseed for me. He's got to throwing a fit when I add it to things...luckily he didn't realize I added to dinner tonight!



I also realized I had two rotting bananas and half a can of pumpkin leftover from some other things so I made banana, pumpkin and oat bread with chocolate chips. Pretty tasty if I can say so myself and of course, it has flaxseed. Can you see a trend?




I was recently told by my naturopathic dr that I needed to increase how much flaxseed I was eating so it's going in everything recently so I'll get more of it. The other thing I was told was to increase vegetarian meals and cut out most of my carbs. That's a hard combo because anytime I exclude meat from a meal, I feel like I have to include pasta so I'm trying to figure out ways around that. I'm thinking quiche might be an option with roasted vegetables and no crust, but we'll have to see when I'll have time to make that.

My other big news....and I mean, this is BIG! I've decided to go partly gluten-free in my own life. I"m not forcing Ryan and will not make anything that we both will end up eating that is gluten free, but I'm trying it as an experiment to see if that will help me lose weight since that is my constant struggle. I've also worked up to at least an hour of cardio a day on top of my normal routine of weights, so I'm hoping between all of this, I'll see a change on the scale in the next few weeks. All of this is part of my quest to lose weight and get rid of my PCOS symptoms. (By the way, it's PCOS awareness month, which is why I'm adding it into my post today). Anyway, I'll let you know how the newest decisions affect me/us.

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/08/gluten-free-bread-machine-tips.html

The above site, is something that I've found to help me decide to make gluten free bread in my machine because $5 per loaf is a little too much at Wegmans and Walmart stopped carrying gluten-free stuff I think. I'll try to remember to take pictures of my gluten-free bread and share it so everyone can see what I'm making. It's been a busy few weeks though, so I don't get to post as often as I like. As it is, I'm supposed to be making two online games at the moment and haven't started yet. Guess I'd better get started huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment