Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring has Sprung!

From top left to bottom right: Poker cake, Bear cupcake toppers, Valentines Day cake, Snickers cupcakes, Peek-A-Boo Ducky Cake with edible blanket, Fruit pizza, Nexus cake with minerals from StarCraft, Cow skinned Horsehoe and a John Deere combine tractor.


Well, it's been an interesting few months and from what you've just seen through the pictures above, it's been a busy few months, and with spring "sprunging" (yes, that's right! I made up my own word!), it's time for me to turn my attention to my blog and starting "anew" throughout my life in general. I'm so excited to share with you a little of what I've got in store and you'll see new additions to the different parts of the blog each week- that's right, my dream is to write on here at least once a week and it's actually written on my calendar which means it should get done as long as the day goes like I want it too....when does that ever happen?!?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand- SPRING! With Easter coming this weekend, I've been focusing on spring-type designs. I'm making a family favorite for our Easter gathering this weekend- Orange Fluff Jello Salad! It's so simple to make and so delectable! Thanks to the Six Sisters at sixsistersstuff.com for sharing their mother's recipe through their blog and when searching for a family event recipe a few years back, I found their site! Check out their site for more amazing recipes, but make sure to come back and see what else I've got for ya!

For today, here's the Orange Fluff Jello Salad recipe from their blog but you can see from my picture that I've added candy eggs on top for that extra Easter-touch! I'm sure the kids will pick those off immediately then the adults can get to the good part- the salad! It's salad so it's healthy right?!?



Orange Fluff Jello Salad Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 large package Cook and Serve vanilla pudding
1 large package orange jell-o
2 cups water
1 16 oz Cool-Whip (lite or fat-free is fine)
1/2 bag mini marshmallows 
1 can pineapple tidbits (Any size, depending on your preference)
1 can mandarin oranges (Any size, depending on your preference)
2 bananas, sliced (Optional, put in before serving so they don't turn brown in the fridge)

Directions:
Mix together pudding, Jell-o, and water over medium heat until it boils. Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Refrigerate until mixture has thickened (about an hour). Beat until creamy. Fold in Cool Whip, marshmallows, and fruit. Chill about an hour before serving.


What does your family enjoy at holidays? Is there anything that you've found that you've become known for or ask for again and again? I'll be posting some more of my favorite recipes from other blogs over the next few weeks so make sure to check them out....the next one will be my favorite homemade granola recipe- 5 simple ingredients that everyone seems to keep on hand!


No comments:

Post a Comment