Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Veggies, Veggies, and MORE Veggies!!!

Well as you can see from the picture-I picked up our weekly CSA box. This week we've got a ton of stuff- green bell peppers, zucchini, red onions, sweet corn, cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, yellow squash, plum tomatoes, red round tomatoes, italian bell eggplant and yellow bell peppers. Now....the fun begins. I have to create a menu for next week incorporating all of this before Wednesday when I pick up another CSA with even more veggies.



Now that you've seen what we have for this coming week....let's start planning. In our weekly newsletter they normally give us recipe ideas. This week's recipes include a mid-summer salad, zucchini basil tarts, tomato soup, and grilled eggplant steaks. 

 
I'm thinking I'll do the tomato soup over the weekend with grilled cheese sandwiches and then try the grilled eggplant steak with chicken/cheese steak sandwiches for Ryan. He mentioned recently he was in the mood for a cheese steak but when we looked at the nutrition of the steak umms you buy at the store, it wasn't good...so we'll go with the chicken variety most likely and I'll just top my eggplant steaks with a little cheese. 

Anyone else have any ideas based on what you see in the pictures? I'm up for anything right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment