Saturday, October 29, 2011

LOTS of Baking and Cooking comin' up!

Well, with the holidays coming up, this is about the time when I start looking for recipes that I want to try over the next 2 months. We've had a busy weekend so far and I've done alot of baking in preparation for it. I've been meaning to bake a coffee cake for breakfasts and even got fresh raspberries for it, but I wasn't able to do it until today. I also had the joy of baking 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes for a choir that is coming to our church tomorrow and our church is serving them lunch, cream cheese brownies for a fall fest tomorrow evening and of course I made the fresh raspberry coffee cake. I've included some pictures below to send some baking creativity your way....what have you been baking or cooking lately?

Dinner from tonight!- I made steaks, peas and homemade macaroni and cheese! Definitely a great end to a busy Saturday. Thanks to Rita and Randy (my in-laws) for the steaks. Because of the snow that you'll see below, we couldn't stay for dinner, but they sent steaks home with us for dinner!   


Going home from my in-laws, we went through a ton of snow.

Heading home from my in-laws, the cars in front of us.


Once we got home, we found very little snow. We didn't get pounded until later in the day!


Fresh raspberry coffee cake with milk....oh so yummy!

Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes for a choir that is coming to our church tomorrow.


And...just so you're not wondering, Ryan and I both taste tested the cupcakes and they were amazingly moist and soft, but still oh so good. And they're actually healthy....definitely liking that! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment