Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Class 2 Final Cake...I graduated!

I'm so excited to be halfway done with all of the classes at Michaels and I'm definitely looking forward to taking more even once I'm done with the cake classes. I think I'll be taking classes in cake pops and everything in between but until then, I graduated from the second class tonight and will start the third one on Sunday! Soo excited...here's my progress so far! I love this cake and absolutely adore the borders and basket weave on this cake. The flowers are gorgeous and make me feel more confident in my abilities! Ok, here they are!

The final cake for class 2 was a 3 layer-triple chocolate fudge cake with a buttercream frosting and a few royal icing decorations as well. The lilies are royal icing and the roses are all buttercream with a little edible coloring sprayed on to give a little glitz. I loved this cake!

Top of the final cake- I love these flowers. I think they are gorgeous and amazingly simple but beautiful! I'll definitely be making these lilies for Easter.

A close up of my favorite flower- the lily!

A different view of the top a little closer up- I love the simple colors of these oranges with the whites and the lilies with the roses.

A final view of the top flowers...so lovely!

A close up of the side of the cake which is a basket weave. I love how this looks so complicated, but it so easy!

Well, I hope you have enjoyed my little presentation of my skills learned so far. I'm loving what I'm doing and am hoping to learn and love even more starting on Sunday again. Come back next week to see what I'm starting on in class 3- I'll be learning more about how to use gumpaste and fondant!

No comments:

Post a Comment