Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spring Has Sprung!

With Spring arriving, of course I have to make flowers the main aspect of my cakes and cupcakes when possible. I've been keeping busy with spring flower-y cupcakes for my family's Easter celebration, along with my first attempt at cake pops- beach ball themed for a luau bridal shower for my sister-in-law. I think they were a pretty good success...of course I like other opinions as well! Here's a few pictures of what have been keeping me busy.











As part of my growing experiences, I am now providing baked goods to a local consignment shop for the owner to give to her customers. This is just a sample of what she will be getting...a white cupcake with white frosting colored with blue and purple for spring and topped with a purple pansy and some vines. Of course, I have to make it all look pretty and gorgeous, so I bagged it up, stuck a sticker on the bottom of the cupcake and tied it with a bow to match the cupcake liner. I love how the purple polka-doted flower just makes the whole thing POP!

Well, there's plenty more to do in the coming future. I think at this point, I have another first birthday cake, two wedding cakes in the same weekend, tropical bridal shower cupcakes....whew, sounds like alot of work and fun for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment